by Larry Mead, Kate Kompelien and Kurt Schroeder
Enter your email address and get SmartApps updates straight to your inbox
1/25/22 Update: SmartApps Cloud – Q1 2022 Release
SmartApps Cloud has been deployed to various Credit Unions with numerous capabilities being used from authentication to fraud prevention. While we have continued our deployments to more and more Credit Unions, the SmartApps Development team has been busy bringing new capabilities to the platform. This communication details the capabilities planned and timelines when these will be available to all customers.
- Quarterly Release Plans
- Upcoming Release Schedule
- Special Considerations
- New Capabilities
Quarterly Release Plans
SmartApps Cloud has been live at numerous Credit Unions for almost six months now. As we have matured our deployment processes, we are now formulating our future release plans and cadence. Going forward, we plan to have a quarterly release which will be automatically deployed to all existing customers. With each release, we will follow these specific steps:
- Send email communication which includes details on the upcoming release
- Deployment schedule (we will provide this at least four weeks before the target go-live date)
- UAT Update – Date/Time when the SmartApps UAT will be update allowing your team to test out new capabilities before they are pushed into production.
- Production Update – Date/Time when the SmartApps Production environment will be updated
- Special Consideration(s) – Any criteria or details which should be consider when this release is coming out. For instance, changes in the Agent Client Addin could require updated training for your employees.
Upcoming Release Schedule
For the upcoming SmartApps Q1 2022 Release, here is the current planned schedule:
- Feb 18th - Deploy new release to UAT environments
- March 9th – Deploy new release to Production environments
- March 16th – Convert to new SmartApps Client Addin (See details below in Special Considerations)
This section details special considerations for which the Credit Union should consider with the upcoming updates.
New SmartApps Client
This update is on a strict timetable as Genesys will be releasing an update on March 23rd which will impact the SmartApps Client Addin. This article details the planned update. The current SmartApps Client Addin uses the full Application view while the planned update will move this view to the Interactions based view. While the application view will look mostly the same, there is a small impact which will require updates to the training. Future communication will be provided which can be shared with Agents on how to use the new client view.
Allow SymXchange 2021.00 WSDL
In this update, we will be updating our version of the WSDL to 2021.00. Symitar needs to be updated to enable this the 2021.00 WSDL if it is not already allowed. Without making this change, all SmartApps access to the Symitar Core will be blocked. This effort can be done prior to the upgrade to the latest release.
SmartApps Client Move to Interactions View
To open the SmartApps Client Application, agents are currently clicking on the Genesys Cloud Apps menu and then click Avtex SmartApps as shown in the image below.
With the move of the client, the agents will no longer need to click on the Apps menu to open the application. It will be opened automatically when an interaction is received.
Below shows screen shots of the difference in where the Smartapps Application will be viewable.
Additional Core Account Types
SmartApps connects to numerous Core Account types including Savings, Check, Loans, etc. With this update, the following Account Types are now supported for listening to details within the Self-Service IVR along with used in the Security Detail view within the SmartApps Client.
- Internal Loans
- Internal Cards
Collections, Bankruptcy, Delinquency Handling
When Members or Accounts are in collections, bankrupt, or delinquent state, special handling is needed for these interactions. With this update, will be able to specify how these interactions can be routed based on the state. For instance, a member call where they have a loan more than 30 days past due can be automatically sent to the Collections team without routing to the standard Member Services team.
Additional Member Search Terms
Currently SmartApps only allows for locating a Member based on their Member # while this update will allow for additional search terms making it easier to locate a member who may not know their Member #. These are the additional search terms:
- Phone Number
- Social Security Number
- Credit Card Number
SymXchange 2021.00 WSDL Upgrade
Symitar provides two updates per year which requires SmartApps to periodically update to a more recent version of the SymXchange WSDL API. With this update, SmartApps will now be using 2021.00 WSDL. SmartApps was previously using 2019.01 WSDL. To upgrade to the later version of the WSDL, Symitar should be updated to enable the 2021.00 WSDL for our SmartApps connection.
Note: This is a required task for the Symitar System Administrator prior to the SmartApps upgrade
Genesys Cloud – External Tag
Genesys Cloud has released a new capability called External Tag. Using External Tag, a specialized attribute in the Genesys Cloud conversation which makes it easy to search or filter based on the value contained within External Tag. The most appropriate value for Credit Unions would be the Member Id (Account ID, Customer Id, Member Account Number). SmartApps sets the External Tag to the Member Id using the following criteria:
- Member provides Member Id in IVR even if not authenticated.
- Member authenticates either in IVR or through Agent manual search using a differing attribute like Card #, use the correlated Member Id to store at as the External Tag.
- Overwrite Member Id if Member Id searched manually differs from the IVR provided Member Id.
SmartApps Cloud provides the ability for Members to hear real-time details on their accounts while waiting in queue to speak to a Member Service Rep. This includes details like available balances, recent transactions, recent payroll deposits, and much more. This release includes additional accounts and additional actions which are detailed below:
- Balances and Transactions for Credit Cards, Loan, Mortgages, IRAs and CDs
- Checking Agent availability in the middle of Balances and Transactions Playback
- Credit Card and Mortgage Payments Due
- Last Credit Card and Mortgage Payments
Site Manager Access
Site Manager is used to configure all aspects of SmartApps Cloud. To date, Avtex has been solely responsible for the configuration of the solution. As part of this release, we are opening the configuration to the Credit Union management teams. Access may be limited initially as we work to provide formal training on the web portal.