by George Demou
Creating and sharing Power BI reports are a powerful new way to work with Microsoft Dynamics CRM data. As a tightly coupled cloud service, Power BI works with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (inclusive of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online) to provide data analytics and highly informative, actionable, and interactive data visualizations.
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Content Packs for Power BI allows you to easily access and analyze your data from prebuilt dashboards and reports using an OData feed.
To get started you will need a Microsoft Power BI account and access to your Dynamics 365 instance.
How to connect
1. Log into your Power BI online application (https://powerbi.microsoft.com)
2. Select Get Data at the bottom of the left navigation pane.
3. From the Content Pack Library section,
4. Select Services (Get box)
5. From Microsoft AppSource find the required Content Pack. In this example, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Service Manager. Then select Get.
6. Enter the URL for the CRM Service
7. The next window will automatically find the CRM web service API URL and ask which Authentication Method. Choose oAuth2.
8. After connecting the Content Pack Dashboard will appear.
Publish your report to the Power BI service
The Content Pack may be edited and redeployed. Whether you choose to enhance the Content Pack or not, are now ready to share the Dashboard and Reports with your teams and users. Publish your report for organizational sharing and access from anywhere on most any device. On the Power BI Desktop main page Home tab ribbon, click Publish.