by Dave Murashige
In our recent webinar Why Omnichannel for Customer Service? Avtex experts explored the features and functionality of Microsoft’s Omnichannel for Customer Service and its potential impact on Customer Experience. Omnichannel for Customer Service is a customizable solution that enables your agents to be highly productive while simultaneously engaging with customers on different channels through a unified interface.
During the webinar, our experts demonstrated the ways brands can leverage the solution to deliver seamless omnichannel support to ensure success, as well as the advantages and benefits of utilizing Omnichannel for Customer Service in your business.
Omnichannel for Customer Service is an add-on that extends the capabilities of Dynamics 365 Customer Service. In our blog post, What is Omnichannel for Customer Service and is it Right for Your Organization we took a more comprehensive look at the features of this product and which problems it is great for solving.
The Advantages of Omnichannel for Customer Service
According to the 2018 State of Global Customer Service Report, 89% of customers are more likely to stick with your company if your customer service teams offer support through omnichannel communication. When your organization gives customers the ability to interact with you in a timely, multi-session, and multi-channel fashion, they feel as though you can work with them in the ways they are most comfortable, increasing their feelings of loyalty and satisfaction.
Omnichannel for Customer Service offers the tools and support necessary to meet the expectations of your customers. The advantages of using Omnichannel for Customer Service include:
- Streamlined customer interactions: An integrated conversation panel allows agents to communicate with customers across multiple channels in one place.
- Multiple applications: Agents have access to relevant supporting applications in the context of the session without having to take the time to seek them out.
- Customer summary: This summary provides a single, contextual view of the customer based on the current conversation being had.
- Quick access to Dynamics 365 tools: The system leverages existing Dynamics 365 functionality by giving agents access to record searching, quick record creation and agent presence information.
Obtaining the Benefits
For Omnichannel for Customer Service to affect your business, it's crucial to understand the ways in which it will help you provide a better experience for your customers. Leveraging the platform’s many tools can lead to:
- Reduced customer effort: Preserving context across multiple support channels reduces the effort customers need to expend to solve their issues. Limiting the time a customer spends seeking problem resolution is highly valuable and provides a stronger overall experience.
- Better customer rapport: Having greater insights into a customer as a result of your brands unified channels gives agents more customer information. This information helps agents better understand who their customers are and how to satisfy their needs.
- Increased customer loyalty: Customers are naturally more loyal to an organization when they feel valued by the brand and its employees. This loyalty empowers the organization to present customers with relevant opportunities because a customer trusts their guidance.
Get Started with Avtex
If your organization is looking to leverage Omnichannel for Customer Service, Avtex is here to get you started. We provide organizations with the tools to better understand and execute on their CX vision through innovative technology solutions. Our expertise comes to life through our relationship with Microsoft and our ability to use their technology as key partners.
The experience at Avtex means we can help you leverage the benefits of an omnichannel product to better understand your customers and simultaneously transform your CX. For more information on Omnichannel for Customer Service, our webinar Why Omnichannel for Customer Service? is available.