An effective Voice of the Customer (VoC) program is essential to any organization that wants to survive in today’s customer experience-driven world. When properly designed and implemented, a VoC program provides insight about your customer’s expectations, preferences and desires that can keep you in touch with reality and drive better decision making at multiple levels in the organization.
Reporting the results of a VoC program in a clear and context-appropriate manner that all stakeholders can access and process is vital to the organization, and also to the ROI of the program in general. So how can you maximize the reporting of the VoC program insights?
- Tell Stories:
- People respond to stories about customers and their experiences, such as a customer nearly lost and won back, a frustrating experience with a website, or a customer service victory. Use stories with rich customer quotes to introduce and important insight, then back it up with data.
- Share insights cross-functionally:
- Limiting the reporting of VoC data to leadership only, or excluding some departments, can reduce engagement in the importance of the insights, limiting your organization’s ability to make wide-reaching changes. Be sure to share or make insights available across the enterprise to encourage collaboration.
- Make insights accessible:
- Put data and findings where they are most likely to be found by your audience, for example by attaching account-level findings to an account object in your CRM system, where sales reps can see it. Also, combining the data gathered in a VoC program with the information contained within your CRM system will make it possible to cross reference data and maximize change.
For more information on creating a successful VoC program, download our latest whitepaper, The Top 5 Characteristics of a Successful VoC Program.
Latest posts by Beth Ingebretson (see all)
- Avtex Acquires Integrated Access Solutions - May 30, 2017
- The Impact of Video in the Financial Services Industry - May 24, 2017
- How does Social Media Utilization Impact the Financial Services Industry? - May 23, 2017