For years Microsoft has been promising this capability and now it has been delivered. Customers who have multi forest on premise deployments can now sync these to Office 365 and Azure AD via the new improved tool! This now means than multi forest Exchange deployments are possible. While the full feature set is not available yet in the tool, there is a good core of functionality available. Please see the information below from the TechNet article by Alex Simons
AAD Sync capabilities in this release include the following;
- Active Directory and Exchange multi-forest environments can be extended now to the cloud.
- Control over which attributes are synchronized based on desired cloud services.
- Selection of accounts to be synchronized through domains, OUs, etc.
- Ability to set up the connection to AD with minimal Windows Server AD privileges.
- Setup synchronization rules by mapping attributes and controlling how the values flow to the cloud.
- Preview AAD Premium password change and reset to AD on-premises.
Latest posts by Avtex (see all)
- CRM Success: Top Impacts to the Success of CRM Implementations - January 18, 2017
- Top 6 Things to Consider When Making the Transition to Microsoft Office 365 - January 18, 2017
- Exploring Journey Mapping and Its Role in Customer Experience - January 18, 2017